START UP INDIA
Launch Date: 16th January 2016
To foster entrepreneurship and nurture innovation by creating an ecosystem that is conducive for growth of Start-ups to drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities
· Startup India Movement launched on 16th January 2016 for promotion of Entrepreneurship among youth.
· Action plan unveiled for encouraging startups.
· Tax relief for three consecutive years out of a block of seven year for startups.
· Start-up Fund of Rs. 10,000 Crore to be released over two Finance Commission cycles, that is, by 2025.
· Startups are allowed to issue ESOPs to promoters working as employees
· 8,829 Start-ups have been recognised as on 5th April, 2018
· 99 Startups have been funded (as on 5th April, 2018)