Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
Launch Date: 28.7.2014
Banking the Unbanked
A national mission to bring comprehensive financial inclusion of all the households to ensure access of all households to financial services.
· 60% bank accounts opened in rural areas (As on 25.4.2018)
· 31.52 crore Jan Dhan accounts opened (As on 25.4.2018)
· Total balance in Jan Dhan accounts = Rs. 80871.67 crores (As on 25.4.2018)
· Over 23.71 Crore Rupay Cards issued (As on 25.4.2018)
· Share of zero-balance Jan Dhan accounts dropped to 24% in December 2016 from 73% in December 2014.
· Over 1.26 lakh bank-mitras appointed by banks
· 2.5 lakh Gram-Dak-Sewaks will function as banking correspondents