Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana
Launch Date: 22.1.2015
The goal of the BBBP scheme is to celebrate the girl child and enable her education.
The specific objectives of the scheme include preventing gender biased sex selective elimination; ensuring survival and protection of the girl child and ensuring education and participation of the girl child.
1. The Scheme was launched by the Hon'ble Prime Minister on 22nd January, 2015 at Panipat, Haryana
2. Multi-sectoral intervention in selected 161 districts (100 districts in phase I and 61 districts in phase-II)
3. Districts have demonstrated various innovative initiatives to generate awareness and created enabling environment for girls.
4. Hon’ble Prime Minister had launched All India coverage 640 districts (as per Census 2011) of BBBP Scheme on 8th March, 2018 at Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
5. Two major components of the Scheme, (i) Multi-sectoral intervention and media advocacy in 405 districts (including 161 districts) is being implemented under the leadership of DCs/DMs and (ii) 360 degree approach in alert media advocacy & outreach activities in remaining 235 districts.
6. The BBBP is 100% central sector scheme with total outlay of Rs. 1132.5 Cr from 2017-18 to 2019-2020.
7. The encouraging trends are visible as per the latest HMIS data of MoH& FW for 161 districts for the time period between April-March, 2015-16 and 2016-17 indicating that;
i. Improving trend in SRB is visible in 104 BBBP
ii. 119 Districts have reported progress in first trimester registration against the reported Anti Natal Care registrations
iii. 146 districts have reported improvement in Institutional deliveries
8. Unified District Information System for Education (U-DISE) 2015-16: girls’ enrolment in secondary education was 80.97% against 76% in 2013-14. Now the revised target of GER has been proposed to 82% by 2018-19.