Accessible India Campaign
Launch Date: 3rd December, 2015
To make at least 50 percent of all government buildings in the national capital and all state capitals “fully accessible” for the disabled by July 2018.
· The scheme is ensuring a dignified life to Divyangs.
· Special camps organized for distribution of Aids and Assistive devices to 3.24 lakh persons with disabilities.
· Access Audit of 1662 buildings in 50 cities completed till date.
· All 34 International Airports and all 48 Domestic Airports have been provided with accessible features viz. Ramps, Accessible Toilets, lifts with Braille symbols and auditory signals.
· 624 out of 709 A1, A, B, category Railway Stations and 12894 buses out of 1,41,572 buses have been provided with accessibility features.
· 917 identified websites of State Governments/UTs are in the process of being made accessible through ERNET India. 141 State Governments websites out of 917 are made accessible.
· The Department organized Drawing and Painting Competition for School students including Students with Disability on the theme of “Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities” on Thursday, 2nd November, 2017 at Bal Bhawan, New Delhi.
· On 9th November, 2017, the Department organized an award function of Short Film Competition on Divyangjan Sashaktikaran in association with Directorate of Film Festival (DFF).